Egypt is a country that is partially in Africa and partially in Asia.
Here are some facts about Egypt:
- Official Language: Arabic
- Capital&largest city: Cairo
- Population is 79 million as of March 2009
- It is 387,048sq.miles(1,002,450sq.kilometers)big
- Currency: Egyptian Pound
- Doesen't get much rainfall except winter.
- Summer temperatures average 80-90F. Maximum is 109F.
- The 1st dynasty was created C.3150BC
- Became independent from the United Kingdom on February 28,1922
- Became a republic on June 18, 1953